A Mind That Is Self-Assured
In a quiet area, we will notice the stillness. And in this stillness, we will ponder our minds.
What we frequently notice is that the mind is incredibly restless. It desires to require care of a thousand things as a result of feeling some uncertainty and worry. It desires to repair issues, watch out for all the undone things, and see if everything is going to be OK. It desires to induce all of our desires to be met, from survival must, which means, affiliation and love.
The mind is restless, desirous of fixing everything and getting everything it desires.
What if we tend to permit our minds to rest, subsiding into the total sufficiency of themselves even as they are?
Apart from what’s needed for physical survival, we would want nothing in every moment. That doesn’t mean we tend to do nothing (though we could!) — on the other side of our desires, there may be a whole-hearted desire to do something sensible for ourselves or others, but it doesn’t have to be compelled to return from worry.
There’s a satedness, a peace that will accompany this type of application.
There’s a sense that we tend to be enough. that everything we want is already contained in us.
It’s a life issue.
Here’s where I’d like to recommend starting:
- Sit in an exceedingly quiet spot. Elevate your hips on top of your knees with a cushion to give yourself a lot of stability and luxury. Sit in an upright but relaxed position. will be closed or slightly open with a soft downward gaze.
- I notice the stillness. Keep this spot for a minimum of 5–10 minutes, longer over time if you prefer. It doesn’t have to be compelled to be long, but after you feel restless, keep it for a touch longer to apply to this restlessness.
- Take comfort in direct knowledge. Let your attention communicate the sensations of your body, the sensations of the current moment. These sensations are direct experiences of the planet. Rest your mind during this open awareness of direct expertise without having to try and do something, however, witness them.
- Observe the mind. Your mind may need to be removed from this direct expertise. That’s because it feels unsettled. It desires to have its desires met, or fix issues, or handle uncertainties or worry. That’s OK! Watch the mind work on its issue. What is it attempting to fix? Notice the underlying worry or want because the mind tries to try and solve its issue.
- Appreciate the lucent quality of the mind. The mind is like associate degree energy, attempting to try and do its best to survive. It’s unaware that it already is sensible, abundant, and enough. It’s lucent and delightful. Soon we will begin to understand these pleasant qualities of the mind. This takes curiosity, appreciation, and plenty of application. Keep active.
Go sit, practice, and let Maine figure out what you’ve discovered!